Am i still stringhopping?

I think it’s time to introduce myself properly, which i didn’t do in my previous post. My name is 1625(not really, but this is how i prefer to be called in this community :slight_smile: ). Posted a video of me playing the basic crosspicking pattern on three strings. @tommo gave me some feedback, saying that i’m probably stringhopping. Have been trying it different ways, changed my hand position to a sligtly more supinated one(i guess), tried to change my pick grip. This is what i came up with

Just tried to do some kind of double escape on a single string(130bpm).

But today i started practicing crosspicking again and just by feel returned to my old hand position(i guess a more pronated one) and pick grip. This is what it looks like

The click is still not very fast, just 117 bpm, but the feeling of the motion surprisingly changed. Now i can do much more reps, than i used to. It’s still very sloppy, but it doesn’t feel as near as tiring.

So, am i still stringhopping? is there any hope, that this motion can work? :slight_smile:

PS. I undersand, that the footage i provide isn’t very good, but this is the best i can get now :slight_smile:

PSS. Just understood, that this might not be worth creating another post, but there you go :sweat_smile:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Am i stringhopping?