Breaking All Illusions (Help Request?)

Just grabbed this - thanks!

Jordan, I just want to say thanks for doing such a great job with the tabs!

Hey, I hope you guys are all having a really nice week. I was just wondering if anyone could critique this (please be ruthless lol I won’t be upset - I am just an amateur bedroom guitarist so I know there for sure will be a ton that can be improved!) I found a new tone preset online and have been trying it out - I quite like it but I am not good at recording stuff - I used OBS for the camera, the little built in tape deck recorder in Guitar Rig 5 to record the audio then joined them in Filmora - it takes quite a lot of time haha I need to find an easier way! 1 - YouTube

Cool stuff, nice melodies. Sounds fine, doesn’t it? I don’t really hear any problems with your technique. If I had to be nit-picky (you asked me to be ruthless); I think your vibrato is too fast. I would try to listen closely to vibratos of other guitarists and/or singers.

Oh hey, honestly this is really helpful! Thank you - I wondered if it is too fast - almost nervous. I tend to just apply vibrato the second I hit a note but I notice some other people will let the note ring a little then start adding vibrato later- thank you! I will work on this!

1 Like

Glad this got bumped, I forgot ALL about the fact I had a better transcription of Summer Song now until just a moment ago. :rofl:

1 Like