Can't strum fast

dude i miss working out the pandemic hit, and i havent been back. working out is great for your body, mind, and helps keep anxiety at bay.

Hey @davidrevuelta , I’m also very interested in this topic!

If you feel like it, the best course of action would be to film your attempts at fast strumming by following our guide: https://troygrady.com/help/filming-your-playing/

Looking forward to having a look :slight_smile:

Thanks tommo! I’ve already posted a video, so what do you think ? The key is in the grip or in the movements. Or both, honestly i’m kind of frustated at this point and it seems is gonna take a while to be released the cory wong interview that troy did anyway hope to find a solution

Hi @davidrevuelta and sorry for the delay!

I watched the video and I think you should try something radically different, and see if you can get to higher speeds more comfortably immediately.

For example, try to strum with a 3-finger grips, try a lighter pick (0.60 or even 0.50), and/or try to flex the wrist more.

Keep also in mind that — I think — at the fastest strumming speeds a lot of players don’t hit all 6 strings, more like 3 or 4:

Do some experiments and let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

PS: next time you film, try to turn off the autofocus and limit the filming to 10-20 seconds, with only one specific example per clip. It’s ok to make 2 or 3 clips with different examples, this way things are much easier to find and discuss :slight_smile:

1 Like