Desert Rose (Eric Johnson) - Solo 1 Cover by Peter C

Hey all,

Back again with another short clip- I think it’s the least I could do to give back a little and prove Troy’s lessons really do work.

Still- this song is a piece of work and for the first time doing EJ stuff, this solo felt really intimidating and I really felt exposed all over the place.

Again, thanks for watching and have a great day. Also @tommo I haven’t forgotten your request for the little descending run- I’ll tab it out soon!

15 Likes

Oh wow! Really awesome, man!

2 Likes

My favourite EJ solo, great work sir.

3 Likes

stunning! Were you working off a tab from somewhere? I don’t know how to break into this one!

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: no tab all ears. Someone asked me a similar question and I answered in detail over here: When the Sun Meets the Sky - Solo Cover by Peter C - #21 by Peter_C

The intro lick I have transcribed for folks as well (by accident) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You reached an amazing fluidity on these pentatonic runs! It doesn’t even look like you are picking, it’s more like an elegan drawing (sorry for cheesiness :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Amazing playing! Very inspirational!

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful.

1 Like

That tab is a godsend, got me rolling. Thanks man
S

1 Like

Peter, this is insane! Great job! I don’t suppose you’ve ever considered doing a video where you break this down/play it slower? I’ve not seen anybody else attempt this solo with such accuracy