Desktop amp / final round

Hi @TheJohnNewton. Not a crazy idea at all.

I no longer own a personal pc/Mac as I do everything on an iPad. Going for that option wouldn’t be a bad idea but I’d also have to look at quality speakers to go with it.

No experience with the Spark but have played through the Yamaha and it’s impressive.

Hi all,

After the holidays I’ve finally taken my time and I purchased the Yamaha (thr10ii) a few days ago to give it a whirl… and what a whirl!

I’m blown away by the little thing. The breath of tones you can achieve and the valve-like sounds at low volumes are truly impressive. Even the wife loved it and -with no industry knowledge- immediately told me “that speaker sounds so much better than anything you’ve had before”. Bonus points.

Good amp-modelling variety and quality editing. Plus, grounded power supply. No annoying hiss.

I’ll keep an eye out to see what happens next with the Spark. Future iterations may be more attractive but I’ll be keen to try one before I ever commit to buying another desktop amp.

Thanks everyone for your input, I couldn’t go wrong with either choice but I’m delighted to have picked this little thing!

5 Likes

Congrats on the new purchase!

I finally figured out the THR Remote, which allows you to load presets and design your own tones. Quite the variety of tones available!

2 Likes

On the whole I’m chuffed. Quite dangerous as you can spend hours chasing tones but on the plus side it sounds so good you want to practice more.

1 Like