DIY Guitar Repair

Against advise to use shellac and wax, I spot repaired this poly finished guitar neck with satin polyurethane. So far so good. :bear::+1:

And here is the last step after the poly dried. :bear::+1:

1 Like

These repair videos are cool, but we’ve decided against having compilation threads of people’s stuff. I understand we didn’t have our thoughts sorted out on this when we started - we’re learning as we go here.

We’ve had a bunch of conversations on this topic in various threads over the past few weeks, and it has helped us put together some more specific guidelines about forum members linking to their own creations. They’re up in the forum guidelines over here:

https://troygrady.com/policies/forum/

A work in progress, feedback welcome. Here’s the discussion on that:

https://forum.troygrady.com/t/new-cracking-the-code-forum-guidelines/

Thank you!

I didn’t intend on this being a compilation of my stuff. I started this thread for people to share any DIY repair videos. I guess I am the only one sharing repair work.

So do you want me to stop posting here?

I figured. I think people probably didn’t get the hint.

@Tommo asked recently whether we want to have something similar for cover tunes, i.e. general place where people can just post stuff they did. I’m not necessarily against any of these things if it’s something everyone wants. But I am against mega-threads because it’s hard to find stuff inside them. If anything, I’d vote for single-topic threads with titles that are more specific and easily searchable.

In this case I’d say yes, for now, hold off here. If we end up with a “post your repairs” type of section then sure. But I would open that up for discussion in Site Feedback.

Wow guys, this place has gotten pretty lame. I was hearing about the hard time you gave Jilly Marchbank recently, for sharing a short YouTube video?

Facebook groups are “where it’s at” these days. It’s not a setup where one person has control of the whole platform that you are on. These independent forums have became a place to corral your customers… keep a close leash on them. Keep them focused on the product you are selling… Hell, why let anyone post something that isn’t catering to your ego or wallet right?

I’m outta here bro.

No need to “hear” about anything - it’s all right here on the forum. Pasting the same YouTube link on a handful of resurrected threads is not really “conversation”, we discussed that, and we’re all square on that now. If they think I’ve given them a hard time they’re more than welcome to say so - they have my email and I have theirs. Instead I think we’d all be much more excited to talk about some nice 240fps Magnet footage. All they gotta do is load it up and hit record.

More generally we always attempt to be super open about everything around here. Anything we’re talking about doing or not doing is out in the open on the threads. Were coming up on a year here. I’ve never deleted one of my own posts, and I rarely use private messaging except to defuse forum scuffles.

This ain’t a democracy for sure and nobody ever said it was. But I feel like most everyone here means well and likes to be here and we can’t ask for more than that.

3 Likes

I personally like Cracking the Code for what it is, a revolutionary method for learning guitar technique with real proof on the thesis proposed.
Everything else has already tons of places on the web to look at.
If it were more of the same many of us wouldn’t be buying.

1 Like