Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster, maple or rosewood fingerboard?

82 MIJ FUJIGEN, respect brother!

I fender block is the std vintage steel. I once had a glendle chimemaster, basically telle style saddles with a brass block, I didn’t know what I was doing back then, it was my first partscaster.

Your custom builds a great to read about, that sheilding job is very comprehensive! I like it.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg. I built myself a DoubleNeck in 2017 with parts obtained from (now defunct) B.Hefner & Co. in Whittier, California.

I also designed my own headstock and built a number of set necks, maple capped mahogany, Gibson scale Tele-style guitars.

1 Like

Have a kinda related question, I have a fancy ass braz rosewood fingerboard on my other guitar, the embarassing thing is I put white cream cleaner on it. And now its got hair of the dog rash, it’s comming off the more I play it.

Man I love the set neck tele, very impessed with the no taper neck profile, a fan

1 Like

Try lemon oil on the fretboard…

I have stopped to using lemon oil, I am using Music Nomad Fretboard F-ONE Oil.

That looks like a great product!!! Nothing wrong with that. I have been using a lemon oil product from Stewie-Mac for years and still have a lot of it on hand, so I keep using it on the warranty bench.

1 Like

I hear this has a whiff? Fishy? Is that true?

I use their tune it lube though. Works well.

1 Like

@Twangsta - Not much odor with the Stewie-Mac oil. Not sure about the other product???

1 Like

Yeah the nomad product. Heard a few horror stories with that one !

2 Likes

@Twangsta - Never heard of it before this thread!!!

Really? Can you please share what you heard?

1 Like

I aint kidding man; I’ve seen this fishy complaint on more than one site :smiley:
That’s why I was asking about it! And I’m still asking :slight_smile:

edit: Average bad review:
I used this and regretted it almost immediately. This stuff makes your fret board look lovely but at what cost? The cost is a very unpleasant smell that gets on your hands every time you play the guitar and not just that but it also gets on everything else you touch unless you wash your hands multiple times after playing! It took me 10 sessions of scrubbing my guitar neck and fret board with soap and water and 2 vigorous applications of lemon oil and I swear I can still smell it a year after application. I only used a very minimal amount for the record, just a dab on some cloth and rubbed it in then wiped it off thoroughly with another cloth and some kitchen roll. I’m never buying this again, it has honestly ruined the guitars I made the mistake of applying it to! Use lemon oil instead, at least it smells nice and the smell goes away after a while, this stuff stinks forever. Just out of curiosity I just scrubbed the fret board of another guitar that I applied this to over a year ago, the cloth absolutely STANK of this stuff. Garbage.

I don’t know if it’s just a bad batch, or fakes or something.

Well that is odd! My fretboard smells great. Thanks!

1 Like

That’s what I wanted to know from you, you’re the first person I know from first hand this isn’t an issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Well, there she is!!!

7 Likes

Whats the “synchronized tremmlo?”

How do you like it? Any good? :slightly_smiling_face:

I will try her out in a couple of days. I am working.

1 Like

Congrats on the guitar, I’d be terribly frustrated having to wait!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Believe it or not, this is one of very few new ones in EU. Great dealers are still expecting deliveries. I found this one in Holland. I had bought one Suhr Modern Plus from them before, so I know they are great. They had done the settings too, half step down tuning with the Maestro’s strings. I can’t wait TBH.

2 Likes

Thats nice of them, you’re all set looks like. Take your time, there will be some of you adapting to it, once you understand it better you will have a better idea of how to set it up. If you find your high e falling off the edge, assuming the setup is correct, it’s just a matter of getting used to apply in a tad up motion to counter act falling off the edge, mostly it’ll come intuitively, one great exercise is playing 4s on the high E legato, you will find the best technique is to never leave the string, just lift but use is as a rail to move along. Watch out for getting a string under your fingernail, it happened once to me :boom:

:beers:

1 Like