Gambale Interview

Really great interview! Thank you

1 Like

Yeah, a very nice interview. It is nice to see that Franks technique is as strong as ever. His articulatation and tone is awesome too. That is an aspect of technique that interests me a lot.

He has however lost his awesome fashion sense …

2 Likes

You mean like Chop Builder and Modes No More Mystery? :joy:

1 Like

Yeah haha!

Not enough coulors these days!

I wonder if he or his wife refactored his fashion sense. He’s probably never going to live that down I imagine.

I know you’re just kidding but as I get older, I can only appreciate people who have superior “old” genetics. Frank has really grown into his look. If you imagine what badass jazz cat looks like, it’s pretty much what Frank looks like right now. Even the glasses are on point.

It’s not all about looking awesome at 19 and less so at 60. Sometimes, it’s the other way around! My fingers are crossed anyway…

3 Likes

Yeah, haha, but i do like that some of my favourite musicians dress like super heroes (or as villains in some cases!)

My former teacher Dallas Perkins who was at G.I.T in the 80s told me that Frank Gamble wore a wig. Is that wig he wore back in the 80s part of the “fashion sense” you guys are referring to? Does to matter to you guys (meaning fans of Frank Gamble fans) whether he has hair (even if in the form of a wig) or whether he’s bald? I’ve heard of Frank (since Dallas told me about him) but have never heard Frank’s music so I can’t honestly count myself as a Frank Gamble fan even though I hear only good things about him as a person.

If when I was a teenager I had found out that my favorite heavy metal guitarist was just wearing a wig and was actually bald, I suppose I would have been a little disappointed since when we’re younger, some of the more superficial aspects of our musical heroes matter more to us than when we’re older and more mature. Today it wouldn’t bother me if I were to find out my favorite heavy metal guitarist is actually bald and wears a wig. It wouldn’t bother me one bit. That’s one of the nice things that comes with age - maturity.

1 Like

I will gladly wear a wig if it will make me play like Frank

1 Like

Glad you all are enjoying the interview! FYI closing this topic b/c I see we have this very similar one from Troy and would prefer we keep the interview discussion in one place: