Hanky Pooh Picking Tooh

Well this is great man. I’m actually doing something right :grinning:. Yes that’s right , the ski slope thing. And as long as I don’t go above the equator on both sides I shouldn’t be hopping. Alright I’m gonna mess with this a while and try to get fluent with these motion terms. I learn them all, then I forget. I gotta get good at something on here. I’ve sucked at alternate picking. I can’t pick like Teemu, it would great if I can at least do what Andy is doing.

Later! :bear:

Not sure what you mean by this but yes you need some tilt in the arm. Has to be one way or the other, but really not much at all. We’ve learned that what appears “flat” is very often actually supinated compared to the strings, enough to work for escaping on both downstrokes and upstrokes in the Andy style.

1 Like

Yes, I got ya… I was calling 9 to 3 a equator. Making stuff up. lol,. I need to keep it either 902 or 10 0 3 right? Pronated has to be 10 0 3?

Alright I just looked, and yes I was doing the supinated set up in that video clip… I just tried the pronated version and I can haul ass on the 1nps arps… Looks like Molly Tuttle. I’m clearing the strings smoother and faster pronated… I’ll mess with both… Like you say, I need the supinated muting.

:slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

And yes, Andy style is what I’m attempting because that is my natural hand position anyway. :bear:

lol, yeah I’m at 50 min mark of “cross picking with the wrist” and you just said everything I was saying in the last comment. I got it man, I’ll watch the videos, :bear::+1: I’m making you repeat everything.

I just made a facebook video for our Swybryd Group. I gave them a alternate picking lick to figure out how to sweep. One guy sent me the tab… lol, I will try it later :bear:

1 Like

Well, I guess there was still a way to Swybryd pick that alternate picking sequence. lol.

Well, I guess you can sweep that alternate picking exercise also.

1 Like