How do you approach learning songs by ear in a difficult mix?

I think their drummer follows me on Instagram, other than that I did not try to reach out to them.
I’d consider it cheating to have them lay the answer before me, but that’s generally not a bad idea if I get stuck.

I’m also curious on how to get my instruments to glue together like in the album, and on how to achieve this sort of ambience they do. It feels like there is some synth or sample layered in the bottom that slightly smudges the guitars, but I’m a newb at this.

you have to think of it like a language. you can go learn gypsy jazz by the music files, but if you don’t live it you don’t truly grasp it. you know what i mean? so who better to teach you how to play the language than the people who are writing it. because even if you learn it by ear perfectly, you still are missing out on how they interpret what they are playing/saying.

I checked my IG DM’s and it turns out I did ask them about something, they never even read the message.
No bother then, I’ll just have to pick this up by ear.

As for Sonic Visualiser goes…
the picture will tell more than I ever could:

ah, nice use of Ebmin7/Ab in the B section

Please elaborate what are you exactly referring to?

i have noticed if things reverb around or delay you will notice repeats in the riffs/lines/phrases. you also need to zoom in on exact areas, and you can also utilize a tuner, i use tuner pitched on android to see if you can get it to pick up the octave area. then zoom in to this area, and start trying to work it out 1 second or less at a time.

maybe take a song you know where the soloist uses delay and reverb, and look at the melodic spectrogram to know what i mean.

oh also anything you can find of them live i would definitely use this to my advantage because it will show you the fingerboard language the guitar players fall into. every piece of footage you get of their hands use it and learn from it. it will help decipher the stuff that there is no video of and only audio. it can help with trying to locate at least the vicinity of where these sounds are coming from on the guitar. as far as processing though that is tricky. i mean look at that guy who did the new doom game utilizing all those crazy expensive analog synth pedal stuff similar to trent reznor from nine inch nails. those two guys imo are like super high up on the spectrum of modern day pioneers of synth stuff. but the cool thing is mick gordon actually explains the routing and every piece of gear. but the problem is the stuff is so rare and expensive only him and trent are the only ones to be able to do it probably haha.

if you get into synth stuff look into behringer and hurry up and buy what you can before it disappears. dang it i have to stop listening to trent and mick now cause it just aint feasible. i mean sure i could get close within the digital realm, but we all know that at the highest level of those tube driven analog synth toys those things are in a league of their own in terms of quality. those guys are some real smart brilliant musicians.