Livestream announcements from Forum members

I’ve noticed that the forum seems to have lots of members that are both willing to post unedited content of their playing, as well as provide feedback to those that do.

What if we started a thread with people posting links to their practice streams to get live feedback? Members could comment on past streams as well.

I figure this could be a way to have more member interaction, and could be even cooler once the magnet is released for the up close picking footage.

6 Likes

I’m in, would be happy to see how others practice and get feedback on my struggles.

2 Likes

Great suggestion man.

It’s funny, I remember this one guy who posted here during the summer. He posted a downpicking at 300 BPM+ thread with actual recorded videos of his practice attempts at ludicrous speeds with live commentary and advice and the thread got practically no input except for one or two non-responsive comments. I can’t remember his username.

2 Likes

Ok… Found your topic. I’ll spend the evening watching those videos.

1 Like

Apparently you have to wait 24 hours before YouTube will allow you to stream… I’ll make a thread once I’m able to, or just use this one.

1 Like

I’m thinking about the best way to make a list of people who’d like to stream and make a schedule for this.

I wasn’t even thinking about scheduling, I figure whoever wants to can just post a link and a timeframe! I have a feeling we’re not gonna be competing for viewers or anything lol

Probably not, but it would be nice to know the times so we can set a reminder or something so nobody will stream for 0 viewers lol.

I’ll stream for no one all day lol

2 Likes

Sounds like the setup to the plot of a low-budget comedy. But first, does anyone here live in a small town with a historic inn that needs saving from greedy condo developers?

5 Likes

I thought I’m the most negative person here, but I’m not sure anymore. Let’s make this happen anyways, I’m all in.

2 Likes

No but I live in a ski town, I could pick a turf war with some preppy dudes

2 Likes

Are you crazy? Lance’s dad owns a dealership!

2 Likes

I think I’m lost here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not likely to watch a live stream - I simply don’t have the time, but would find it interesting to see a couple of practice sessions. How long would you be doing the stream for?

I figure when someone posts a link, they give a very general description, e.g. “I’m going to be working on these patterns for 20 minutes,” “I’m gonna noodle to come up with solo ideas for 15 minutes,” “gonna work out picking kinks if you want to give me feedback”…

2 Likes

I think that sounds cool, keeping it focused on a set objective will stop it all getting all woolly. Can’t wait to see one.

1 Like

Edit: this was a link to a test stream, not much playing.

that’s a cool one, I actually was thinking bout smthng like this myself, see I could shred and all but I was no Paul Gilbert thats for sure and now I really wanna change that:) Plus I learned A LOT from one pretty famous guitarist (Dude makes Gilbert seem sloppy) so what I am doing now is basically I ditched every habit ( made quite a break from playing actually) and I’m starting anew trying to make everything perfect. 1 string only kill yourself exercices all that fun stuff. So I wanted to launch streams of me practicing I really dont care if anyone watches or not, just to keep the track of the time and do not waste any. So if you wanna see me dying with the guitar and maybe ask a few questions I’ll make a channel and post a link in a few days.

1 Like

Testing a USB mic, warming up, might do Erotomania since @gabrielthorn and @tommo kept talking about it in another thread:

2 Likes