Livestream announcements from Forum members

@Pepepicks66 - says video is private, fyi. Intentional? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@jzohrab I ended it less than an hour ago and it says “processing”, might be it?

1 Like

Ah yeah, that’s probably it. I’ll check later.

I was thinking about this the other day while practicing … was wondering if it would be more beneficial to anyone viewing my session if I were to analyze the practice afterwards and pull apart what I’m doing. I have a set of practice methods I’m going to document … viewing a long video would likely be mind-numbing, though highlighting certain sections might be useful. A decent practice session is usually a big trial-and-error approach.

1 Like

@jzohrab I feel like I “owe it to my audience” (lmao 3 people) to stick to the practice goal, so I didn’t veer away much from trying to warm up and the Erotomania riff. Watching all hour and a half to people might be torture, but I did describe how I was breaking down the chunks, and did a few sloppy run throughs near the end.

Hey man, it’s all for the fans. “If this stream reaches even one person, it will have been worth it.”

2 Likes

@jzohrab should be able to watch the video now, 1:23 mark to the end (about 7 minutes) has the majority of the attempts.

Edit: 1:27 on has a couple decent ones
Edit the second: I think the take near the end of 1:28 is the best

1 Like

This is a great idea @Pepepicks66! Some serious chops going on there, I’m envious.

Perhaps Twitch would be a good platform for this sort of content?

2 Likes

@kcyrowolf I thought it was pretty fun since I can talk out loud and try to explain what I’m doing (in the video there’s portions where I talk myself through the “chunks” I’ve identified) which I do anyways while I’m alone, but maybe that helps others? Also keeps me “on target” long enough to feel like I got something out of the session’s goal.

Why do you think twitch would be better? I did a twitch before with some buddies, but honestly bailed on it since it seemed waaaaay gamer focused.

Edit: I also figured YouTube would be better for interaction in the chat, since it seems most people now have a youtube account, while twitch is more niche (that rhymed).

After seeing musicians like Devin Townsend and Misha Mansoor using it at the beginning of the pandemic, I just figured it would be cool to see more musicians using it.

I don’t think it would necessarily be better than YouTube, but I feel it would be fitting to utilise for this sort of “fly on the wall” content, much like streaming video game playthroughs.

1 Like

@kcyrowolf tight, didn’t know those dudes did some livestreaming as well!

I think my main goal was for this to be interactive with forum members (and really anyone else that wants to “virtual hang” while I practice), and from what I’ve seen, most forumites have a YouTube account (at least of those that post videos).

Gonna go live again here in 15 minutes or so. Gonna warm up, hoping to wrap up the Erotomania riff, work on general picking stuff.

The erotomania lick is unwrap-uppable… but one can hope to get close :slight_smile:

1 Like

@tommo I’d say you wrapped it up pretty well! Especially listening to the DI, hard to hide any mistakes there.

1 Like

little test with the usb mic. In no way representing CTC quality. This is old tommo, plain forummer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@tommo I’m an idiot that can’t find the chat function on mobile lmao but I hear you!

1 Like

I’m not sure why loopback was not sending out the amplified sound - it also looks like YT doesn’t allow to tweak the audio settings after the stream begins… :thinking:

But maybe it was for the best :laughing:

2 Likes

I missed @Pepepicks66 's stream but seen @tommo 's and enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully next time we’ll hear the amplified sound :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@gabrielthorn you didn’t miss much, wasn’t feeling the best then I had to cut it short because my camera died lol.

I caught part of @tommo 's feed but I couldn’t figure out the chat then I had to bounce, but beast playing!

2 Likes

It would actually be great if these could be posted under a collective unofficial “Cracking the Code” YouTube channel. I think it could prove to be a useful resource.

I don’t know if that’s possible without sharing out account login information across all the uploaders.

Edit: Perhaps a CTC Playlist compiling all of these streams would be the easiest way to go?

3 Likes