Judas Priest or Iron Maiden - Who Do You Prefer?

yeah id think Dio or Bruce D would be closer to an Opera style than Rob. They both had more of a “chest voice” carried up pretty high whereas Rob just usually went with more of a screamy rock sound for his high stuff.

Gotta remember that for opera guys a “high C” is the money note. A high C is a C5. Well for rock and roll a C5 aint that high. The difference being an opera guy hits a C5 with a thicker and darker tone which is WAY harder and takes about 10 years of training lol. A rock guy wont hit that note like that, rather he will gradually thin out into head voice as he goes higher.

Between Bruce and Rob (and Dio), Bruce was a bit closer to that heavy chesty high voice whereas Rob was a bit more in the classic rock head voice vibe.

1 Like

dude was/is so good…its ridiculous.

love this old stuff

1 Like

That’s a really well thought-out boast, it’s very hard to argue with in the moment.

Some how I wouldn’t put them up against each other, that could be because I think I only like one album from each of those bands, Painkiller and Fear of the dark. They are both fantastic in their own right.

its human nature to compare lol. For me though id throw in Dio and Quiet Riot and maybe Ozzy. To me they are all vaguely in the same ballpark

nothing like a good simple hi energy song right in the teeth

or

1 Like

you took mee down memory lane bro…
my fav QR track

I think this track is just stellar for the most part.

so hard to say one is better than the other; I do it all the time but I have a good buddy who reminds me it’s all good, and I got to agree though not all the time, some stuff just sounds better one time or another

man the copyright thing is killing a lot of youtube videos; wanted to post AC/DC’s two’s up here.

I hope they resolve their revenue streams soon so that we can post freely and the right people get paid.

edit: ironically the good covers get taken down two; we’re left with the ones the algos can’t identify :rofl:

1 Like