Looking for slow-mo video of dwps ascending licks

Not in those strict words but he does put his hand up to show that in the video of his you linked two posts up, and I have described it that way on this forum as well.

Your particular issue with it is the exact reason I tried to push for a more descriptive approach of the actual muscles used to do these motions. It’s one thing to describe what it looks like in broad terms, but another thing to describe what it should feel like when you are doing it correctly and the muscles engaged in making it happen. If you were to use the same muscles as turning a key, or doorknob, the motion becomes too broad and don’t see that working well for many. Although Eddy Van Halen’s tremolo picking may one notable exception,

The same concept that a personal trainer might do in a gym to ensure you are engaging the correct muscles for each exercise in order to work the correct muscle and get a more effective workout.

Well it’s hard to accurately describing any motion in words but the general motion could be described that way. In practice it really doesn’t feel like turning a door knob though. It’s simply a much faster and, more importantly, LESS controlled motion. The motion should NOT feel like you are actively turning your arm back and forth, but should be more like letting the arm just go.

You could probably do this many ways but to me it is essential that you can do the motion with the arm in the air. If you can “shake” the arm fast in front of you, then you SHOULD be able to work it onto the guitar. If you can’t do the fast motion in the air, then maybe the that motion isn’t the most natural and there might be better motions for you.

Yes that might be a good way to describe it. I’m not sure about he “squeeze” being essential to the motion though. I can shake with open hand just as well. But I guess we all have slightly different ways of doing this and that’s completely ok.

It’s good to get all kinds of different inputs since all people learn and understand concepts in different ways. I, for one, could never learn by learning about muscles used, but that doesn’t mean someone else couldn’t.

The squeeze I feel at least tends to direct it a little more, as if you are holding the pick. In practice when you do try to apply it you will likely have a pick. It’s pretty subtle. It’s not essential though.