Marty Friedman's Megadeth era solos by Adam Przeździecki

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHVD4mSpOF9/

I even managed to play some USX + ascending sweep licks!

6 Likes

Fantastic job! Marty’s solos are so unique and hard to imitate!

2 Likes

I’ve decided to rename the thread because I’ve been transcribing a lot of Marty lately.

99 Ways to Die
Trust

3 Likes

Wish you would cross-post to a platform that has a volume slider, so I can watch these!

1 Like

The computer that I have those vids on is currently being repaired so I can’t do that, but you can always use your system volume slider!

ooooooooo! I’ve been on a Marty kick this year and playing on a Les Paul! ha! Thanks for sharing this. YES! I’m also naturally a DSX and learning Marty is helping me to incorporate USX into my playing. So many licks I’ve struggled with for years simply needed a USX approach.

did you transcribe this Lucretia solo to tab/notation and if so, would you be willing to share?

Hey man, thank you. I do everything by ear and memorize it without writing it down. If you have trouble with some fast licks just ask me and I can tab it for you.

1 Like

thank you! Maybe I’ll start on Lucretia this week.

I spent the summer doing Tornado of Souls. Have you done that one? I’d love any tips there. I am still hung up on that big sweep-y lick at 0:38 in this vid:

That legendary section that comes after that lick you’ve asked for was the first thing I started to work on after getting a little bit of working USX actually. About the lick that comes before, knowing Marty’s style I think he did it like this.
tornado lick

A lot of it can be translated do DSX though, you can play a descending sweep, maybe combined with legato from note 9 to note 12 and then you have that A major arpeggio with strig skip fingering which has 1nps-2nps-2nps, totally a DSX thing.

1 Like

great! oh, thank you. I’m going to stop what I’m doing and try this right now. thanks for shooting the video, too! (Hey, also, I started following you on IG. I’m @invincibleczars)

1 Like

That was great, so tight!

2 Likes