Max Ostro - Geek shred!

@PickingApprentice As much as I laughed at your face for radio comment. I really do wish guys like this could break through. As much as I bitched about it on the low end it seems the opposite on the high end. Wouldn’t it be awesome if little Max became a mega star?

Well… I’m gonna sound like an ass, but no, not really. I wish him every success in the instrumental music arena, but I don’t think that becoming the next superstar would do his music any favours. I’m going to sound like an even bigger ass now, by stating that if I heard my favourite music everywhere in the way that you can’t seem to escape top 40 pop, it would probably put me off… its not that I despise pop, just that there is a lot of redundancy (to my ears anyway) and repetative airtime.

Also returning back to your own comments, Max does actually need to produce some original material in the form of an album or EP. He sounds very Guthrie Govan and Greg Howe, it would be great to hear what extra dimension he can bring! I’d definitely buy it to find out…

1 Like