Nearly 9 months since last interview

I’d like to see Troy interview Ted Nugent. That would be a blast! MIM has never had a star of Ted Nugent’s magnitude on one of their interviews before. Ever. Nugent was one of the originators of flashy guitar playing. Do you think you would be willing to make this interview happen? Your members are paying what, $20 a month?

You’ve interviewed MAB twice already He can do some interesting things, but the most successful band he’s ever had was Nitro. That’s really saying something isn’t it?

How about interviewing somebody who has had had the wherewithal to be able to incorporate his technique into a legendary career? Technique alone doesn’t mean much unless you’re able to use it in a way that speaks to people, in a way that touches their souls. That’s what would make an interview with Ted so valuable. Ted knows how to do that and that’s why he’s had the career he’s had and some other people who are flashy guitar players but can’t do anything but that have had the careers they’ve had, or haven’t had careers as the case may be.

Who’s that sorry?

Maybe it’s not a name that rings out on this side of the Atlantic.

2 Likes

My favourite 'Nuge bit

1 Like

I mean, Marty Friedman was in Megadeth. I’d say that’s a pretty high profile gig.

True. He has done very well.

I’ve actually seen that sort of lament in connection with another content creator recently. John Danaher is a highly respected Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor, and he’s recently started offering instructional videos. The reaction online seems to largely be that people appreciate his commitment to detail, but wish he would also provide similar information in a format that’s more condensed for review purposes.

I think the most pragmatic solution in any case like this is to slog through the material soup-to-nuts yourself once, taking notes along the way, and then use your own notes for review and “bookmarking” purposes. This will also make it easier to customize your “review plan” to the chunks of material that are of particular interest to you in some particular timeframe.

Right I’m starting to get it now.