Petrucci fragment

Hey @motaheri! Thanks for posting!

I think the ascending Petrucci fragment is getting there - sometimes I hear a slight pause at the end of each repetition - I would try to see what happens if you try to keep the timing more regular.

The circular fours are indeed a tricky pattern! I also sometimes fail to do the double escape correctly - see if you can spot that happening in the IG video :wink:
The important thing in this case is to ensure that the left hand is muting things properly: in your case I can hear the D string ringing out at some point, so I’d make sure your fretting hand index is muting it when required.
Also here I can hear some irregularities in the rhythm, probably corresponding to you doing some extra movements on the more complex string changes.

So in summary I would recommend shooting for timing first, and also focusing on your left hand muting to mitigate any string noise when you occasionally hit the wrong string (i.e. swiping). Once you have this going we can take a look again, and see if you can try to add some subtle double escape motions to clean things up!

@tommo

Thank you so much for your response! I’ll definitely work on the things that you’ve mentioned and and see if I can get it better.

I’m sorry I missed the response when you originally posted it last week.

1 Like