Quick check before I continue?

Cool! Even if I can’t mute the way I want, I think I’ll practice this technique a bunch just so that I have it in my arsenal. Hopefully it’ll come in handy at some point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm I need to dig up some Al Di Meola vids and take a look at his positioning. He of course palm mutes a ton (always??? lol!). Maybe he’s supinated lightly or something. I know he’s DSX and that pronation puts you in the posture naturally, but I also have heard Troy say a bunch of times that Andy Wood and Al have similarity in motion/setup and I am almost certain Andy is lightly supinated. I’ll dig around for that.

I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wHk49IFkcQ
starting around :30 looks exactly how I feel lol. No idea how he keeps it so clean though.

Quality sucks but here’s what I was thinking about:

Should be queued up to the palm muting part

He mentions muting there but doesn’t really say how he’s doing it. Definitely looks like the same pronation I’m using but other than it being an acoustic, I’m not sure how he’s muting. I’m anticipating playing with a reasonable amount of distortion. I probably just need to focus on playing super clean with this style though so that there doesn’t need to be much muting.