Software Question - Slowing Down Music

Maybe I’m just old, but I started figuring out licks by slowing down LPs and just using cassettes. Slow speed really wasn’t an option and slow speed while maintaining the original pitch wasn’t even a concept that could have been imagined on this planet.

The YouTube playback speed control is a miracle and I just can’t see any purpose in using anything else.

Well. I use TunesKit Spotify Music Converter to download Spotify to MP3 actually. But you can also use it to change the speed of your songs.

Reaper has all the functions you need. It’s a DAW so you can apply some vst ampsims and play to a backing track. You can also put midi tracks to help you find notes. It’s awesome.

For actually transcribing, I really feel like nothing beats soundslice.

I use Spotify and the DRmare Spotify Music Downloader. With them, I can get music from Spotify and then I can manage the Spotify songs as I like, such as the audio format, bit rate, speed, etc. Then I can use Spotify songs anywhere and anytime.

I completely forgot I bought a license for seventhstring’s Transcribe! Software in 2009. I found my key and downloaded the latest version and it looks like its still valid, hah!

I used it a lot back when I was in college and forgot about it, but getting back into again I highly recommend it.

1 Like

As for me, converting Spotify as local files is a better choice. I prefer to use Spotify Converter to download and convert Spotify music as desktop MP3 files. Then use Premiere Pro to slow it down.

To slow down Spotify music, I used Transcribe and Spotify Downloader. As Transcribe is limited to local music, I need to use my AudFree Software to download Spotify music and playlists as local files. After that, it’s able to use Transcribe to slow down Spotify music. There is no doubt that Transcribe is a nice slowing-down music app.

Maybe you can try to download Spotify music to your local computer with the help of Spotify Music Downloader. During converting time, you can adjust the sample rate, bit rate, format, channel as you need, and you can also edit the converted Spotify music tracks with ease.

1 Like

Man a bunch of brand new members who are super into the Spotify Music Downloader, what are the odds?!?!?

1 Like

I used Windows Media Player on my PC to slow down the music. :wink:

1. Play a file, and then switch to Now Playing mode: click the Switch to Now Playing button
    in the lower-right corner of the Player.
  2. Right-click an open space in the Player (e.g., to the left of the Stop button) , point to
    Enhancements, and then click Play speed settings.
  3. Move the Play Speed slider to the speed at which you want to play the file, or click the Slow,
    Normal, or Fast links.
    Note: Slow Normal and Fast are preset speeds. Normal is 1.0 (default), Slow is 0.5, and Fast is

However, Windows Media Player can only access common format audio like mp3, not Spotify music. :slightly_frowning_face:
Therefore I used AudFun Spotify playlist converter to convert Spotify music to mp3, flac, wav etc.

It helps me a lot. It’s incredibly easy to use. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: