Songs with particularly great intros/outros

+1 for this. Low hanging fruit or not, awesome song all around.

I love the intro to Rising Force… so dramatic. haha

4 Likes

Man…forget all the weedly-weedly stuff…

The intro to Rush’s Limelight is exceptional. Some say it resembles the sounds of a car starting.

Van Halen’s Hot For Teacher is about as close to the sound of a built V8 idling until Eddie basically does a burnout…

…and the album cover to 1984 is just killer.

2 Likes

Excellent choice. How has nobody mentioned that yet???

That gives me an idea for another elephant in the room. Van Halen’s “You Really Got Me”. And no, I don’t mean the power chords before the band comes in…I mean…ERUPTION!!! Because that’s used an intro to You Really Got Me. From Wikipedia:

(Highlight, my own)

Seven by Symphony X:

4 Likes

Outro.

1 Like

Outro - folksy guitar tune with a spectacular outro mix of synth and real world sounds.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there are any other Boards of Canada fans here (perhaps not), but I love them. These two outros put me in a strange mood, like much of their music.

1 Like

Sails of charon by scorpions is one of the best guitar intros of all time imo. Serious harmonic minor shredding and it’s so fun to play, if you can get it up to full speed! I’ve been stuck on 90% speed on the lil solo licks/fills for a while

5 Likes

I’m surprised no one has said Mr Crowley.

Necrophagist’s “Only Ash Remains”

Ridiculous bass lead into insane soloing intro and a quote of Prokofiev’s “Romeo and Juliet” on the outro this song has it all.

I love the way the end of this song is basically a sped up montage of the rest of the album.

4 Likes

The entirety of Epitaph rips. I wish Muhammed would release that third album that supposedly exists, but it looks like that’ll never happen.

2 Likes

It will be released the same day Wintersun releases Time II :rofl:

All jokes aside at least Christian Munzner is back in Obscura. That makes up for no more Necrophagist slightly.

2 Likes