The Rusty Cooley Interview

Yes, for sure, it’s the body figuring out a way to play the line, which is cool from a motor learning perspective. But it’s probably still not what they’re “intending”, if you want to think of it that way. I think most players would probably still take it personally at some level if you were like, hey dude, the picking doesn’t really match up to the fretting. It’s always weird for me to discuss this topic because as much as I like knowing that things exist in the world, I also want to be sensitive to the players who have taken their time to meet with us.

2 Likes

I just hope Rusty and Marshall take some more time to meet with y’all soon :wink:

I have always played the fast part of the Highway Star solo picking 16th notes while making triplets with the left hand.

Very cool effect.

Do you mean hemiola?

1 Like

It’s 2020 and still no traces of Rusty Cooley. I am wondering what happened to his interview/videos. Forum search gave the “Introducing the Code Archive”, but link to his page (https://troygrady.com/codearchive/rusty/) returns 404 page not found.

Bumping this in hopes of update on Rusty Cooley materials that are alluded to in this thread