Troy's Sound in videos

no just the sound. Not looking to compare circuits since thats way beyond my comprehension. Just since it’s a discontinued amp what is most similar in sound. The Friedman came to mind.

I dont like complex amps either. I end up playing less since I never fully grasp all the amp features with so many switches.

The Hellcat is fairly unique in that it’s a high gain cascading preamp into an EL84 output stage (at least, unique until people started making those lunchbox variations of big amps in that sort of format, but that’s a bit of a different thing).

Responsible for one of my all-time favourite guitar tones:

I think he may have thought it was something digital?
For example, I’m completely digital and have a Line 6 HD500x running through a JBL PA.
Left channel of the patch is emulating an ENGL Fireball , with an ENGL XXLV30 cab sim, with a Neumann 67 as it’s emulated mic. The right channel is a Soldano SL 100, with an ENGL XXLV30 cab sim, with a Sennheiser 421 as it’s emulated mic.

In the Hd500x, you have a choice on how to structure your signal chain like a real pedalboard.

So in mine it goes:

Noise Gate
Overdrive
Noise Gate
Amp Patch
EQ
Noise Gate(I know, but it’s necessary)
Delay
Reverb

That’s not even the other settings like BIAS or the internal EQ that’s on the pedalboard which is separate from patches.