What songs are you currently learning?

Wow, great playing! Seems you nailed those pentatonic runs!

1 Like

Thank you Ernest, very kind! These pentatonic runs at the start and end are the classic Eric fives (from CTC lesson 11), something I recently “unlocked” :slight_smile:

To be honest however, I still find these licks hard when I play them to a click: the mix of picking and sweeping sometimes makes my timing a bit sloppy. Here it was a bit more free-time, so my hand was allowed to do what it wanted!

After following advice from a very good gipsy player, I am recently trying to use a bit less edge picking, which seems to help with both articulation and timing in these dwps licks. I might post something about it somewhere in the forum if the gains prove to be stable enough over time.

PS: after learning the penta fives lick, it becomes hard to not play it all day :sunglasses:

PPS: Another DWPS lick that I like from that video, but unfortunately didn’t articulate too well, is this one (a sort of E mixolydian - E blues hybrid):

D-5-4-------------------------------------------
A-----5-7-5-4-5-4-------------------------------
E-----------------5-6-5-3-0---------------------
2 Likes

Just giving this old topic a bump, to see what we’re all working on in 2022!

I’m working on the Giant song Stay, Toto’s Goodbye Elenore, Tears For Fears’ Everybody Wants To Rule The World - I’m committing the solo to memory. Those are my main ones at the moment.

1 Like

My own, they are easy, yet I still can’t play them… :joy:
I’ve been trying to record my EP for quite a while now. Lots of setbacks with technique adjustments etc etc

Schradieck’s School of Violin Technic has been making up a lot of my practice lately. Plus working on my own stuff of course.
Riveting, I know! :laughing:

1 Like

trying to learn all the double jeu live stuff i can find. i completed the one off rosenberg academy by ear and used christiaan van hemerts transcription as reference to make sure i was in the right vicinity on the neck during the phrasing so to keep the technique in check. now i am onto probably learning some of joscho stephans versions. stochelo is my current hero, although i need to broaden my horizons. i just respect him so much for what he has done for the guitar community with the rosenberg academy although i will probably check out joscho’s online academy soon as well cause that man can also say so many nice things and still sound fresh.

i have the rhythm guitar learned, and the melodies with this solo off the top video.

haha and no i cannot play it up to speed probably around 75% maybe 80-85% in the coming months the more i play through the one i know.

if i find i am not feeling joschos stuff or if his technique sways from double downs to much i will learn this one next, and put joscho on the back burner for a bit longer.

watch nousche with his rhythm play so smooth, his fingers are like machines perfection as he raises slightly higher and lower when he wants the chords to ring out a bit. my rhythm attempt is so garbage haha! and i dont even want to think about that upright bass, but we can tell he is working his ass off! wish robin nolan has a version, i really like his style. haha.

1 Like