What's Your Favorite Decade for Music? (Poll)

This could be true… next to the concept of “escape,” the most interesting thing from CtC is learning that the ancients knew it all except they didn’t have spandex or hair spray…

Wait, whammy bar theatrics?

I’m sure there have been ancients who messed with the tuners while performing - close enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The only new technique (or at least newly popular) I can think of was that early 2000’s slap ‘n’ tap the acoustic thing. With regards to picking specifically, we certainly saw guitarists that became competent at a host of techniques like sweeping, alternate picking, economy, tapping etc. Prior to the 80’s there seemed to be a specific ‘signature’ technique each of those 70’s and early 80’s shredders. So the change was the breadth of technical competency which made for a great vocabulary…and has left me with a lifetime of things to practice in my basement lol.

1 Like

That was certainly around in the 80s but there was definitely a resurgence.

1 Like

Here’s a handful:

There’s a whole subculture around it, it’s just like the 80’s for guitar battles all over again.

2 Likes

This definitely worth a viewing:

2 Likes

Does this mean my dream of Crossroads-esque battles with modular synths is coming closer?

I think I could honestly make a case for each decade, and thus it really wouldn’t be right for me to vote. I can find a favorite in each decade, even though it might not be to most people’s tastes.

Isn’t this like the basis of Emerson, Lake & Palmer’s entire career? lol

1 Like

Ace. Man all those live concert s with Billy Cobham and /or mclaughlin are my go-to in psychedelics :wink: :partying_face: