You only get one instructional

This guy has some great insights. One of his videos helped me actually develop economy ascending speed last year and helped me on my way (along with other resources and CTC).

I would take the excersises from Troy, and then try to apply all of the concepts to pieces of classical music that are very “black” (lots of 16th notes), where a lot of the violin and piano stuff is particularly good (and written by geniuses, in short, so they are higly musical). If you can’t read sheet music yet or don’t really like classical, I’d just stick with Troy’s material.

Which one did you decide to get?

None yet.
I just finished watching paul gilbert intense rock 1 on youtube and while not exactly what I was looking for I think there was eome cool stuff there.

I dont think youll find a “soup to nuts” solution. IMo it doesnt exist. This is sort of what ive been harping on recently

in essence its up to the individual to make his own strategy

That being said I havent owned any of Claus Levins programs. Perhaps he has such a program. But his are a bit pricey. I wonder if he ever runs sales? Im tempted by the Alternate Picking Program since he seems to lay out larger overall strategies

I went to look up piano training PROGRAMS. Since its a more mature instrument. But good luck.

all one finds is EXERCISES. well, thats nice. I come out of the bodybuilding/powerlifting world. An exercise is one little bitty thing. Thats a far cry from any sort of PROGRAM

The thing about the Paul Gilbert vid. He had probably been playing for 8 years at that point with many advantages. It would be best to look at that vid and others as a “part 2” or “part 3” in a series of vids.

start with single string playing. Work that up to a nice high level. Then work on multi string ONE WAY licks perhaps. Maybe THEN start to tackle the Gilbert vid…keeping in mind that even in that vid there is a HUGE variance in difficulty from beginning to end

If you watched the free video downloads on alternate picking mastery /practice plan he lays it all out for you…

You decide what you want to practice for the month, break it down into sub categories, and then attack 1 or 2 examples every day for a week…

Rinse , repeat.

The free downloads are some of the best I’ve seen and his strategy can be applied to any material