2 string arpeggio technique

Good day all, I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to approach the 2 string arpeggio sweeps. Im currently studying Joe Stumps book on this subject. On a b minor sweep from the following
b string (12th fret) sweep to the (14th fret ) e string and then pull off the the (10th fret ), do you leave your index finger anchored on the 10th fret the whole time, or does one lift off of it slightly to mute it after it is played to prevent it from bleeding over to the next note? I just dont wont to learn this the wrong way and have to relearn it later. Thanks all

Anchored on the 10th fret E string, I used the B string’s B note for the muting by lifting off and on. Which Ex you on, it’s a great book!

1 Like

you mean like doing
Down Down UP that would be like triplets
looks like the above notes are
1 5 b3 in order but the principal is same as going
1 b3 5
You could also do these with down up hammer or pull off depending on direction to finish then repeat
it just depends what you want
on whether to leave the finger anchored is it depends if you stay in that position then perhaps but if you were wanting to go up or down in position it might make sense to not keep it anchored.

1 Like

I’ve noticed Malmsteen anchor his index, especially with single string sequences. This was a problem for me, moving along a string at that pace till I started realising the string is the mono rail I need to stay on. So if your moving positions in these kind of runs, you lift your index or what ever finger it is your tracking with but avoid ever leaving the string, think of your finger like a slide. Also on the guitar I use ( YJM sig strat) the high is very close to the edge of the fretboard, so I naturally developed this to keep the string straight along the bridge to the nut, else I’d fall of the edge and derail.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I just noticed that when I was playing it I had been leaving the 10th fret pressed down throughout the triplet arpeggio, thus creating some bleed over. I was sure If I needed to consciously try to slightly lift it after it way played to mute it, or if most just kept it pressed the whole time. As far as the book, I’ve sort of back tracked to address this issue, but I’m currently working the 2 and three string arpeggios sects right now. I’ve made it to the harmonic minor example (three string)where you work your way up the scale from emin to emin. Again thank you for your input, very much appreciated

Thanks for the input. I just noticed that when I was playing it I had been leaving the 10th fret pressed down throughout the triplet arpeggio, thus creating some bleed over. The example has it
(Down Down Pulloff). Again thanks and I’m sorry about the delay in response.

1 Like