2020 guitar resolutions?

My mid-year 2019 resolution was to always run a click track or metronome (and I do), and my 2020 resolution is to always practice with an amp where everything is being recorded in Logic for post-practice review, no matter what.

4 Likes

My resolution for this year is to Practice practice practice and to incorporate the forearm techniques into my picking.

2 Likes

Learn the techniques and mechanics from the ground up, no matter how painfully slow and tedious that might be. Use a metronome - no more sloppy Joe this year. Practice more standing up.

2 Likes

To record more, and to worry less about small mistakes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will no longer play electric guitar unplugged.

2 Likes

Build musical vocabulary and competence with my natural DSX and get my USX to reasonably the same level.

2 Likes

Build musical vocabulary (I like that one). Continue my guitar lessons and get more comfortable with my fretboard. I also would like to get my USX to a point where I don’t think about it - like my DSX. @Thegent - I think you and I have very similar goals :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My big resolution is to maintain 3-4 hours of strict practice per day and learn Petrucci’s “The Best of Times” solo by the end of the year, and play it perfectly with minimal mistakes.

I also want to become much better at improv this year, being able to play more comfortably over any chord progression.

1 Like