4 string descending arpeggio, last note picked up or down stroke?

Can’t play that wide stretch slow, I don’t have the strength yet, when I reviewed the crime scene in the video, I could hear the F but the frames hardy catch the finger move there. But there’s this awesome spidery vibe you feel while playing that riff at full clip.

Ok, looking at just these two bars either the tablature is wrong or the standard notation is wrong.

The key signature is f minor (Ab Major). The Tab is F# minor (A Major).

I’m Going by the standard notation because F# minor already has an e Natural, there’s no need to put that accidental in there at the end. this would be how I would play it.

Yngwie lick

The fingering by the notes are up to the player ( I might use 134 instead of 123 for the first line for example).

The Tab is an F# minor arpeggio with an un-needed E Natural (accidental) at the end while the standard notation is f minor with the raised 7th at the end which explains the E Natural (the accidental) at the end. Which would make it Harmonic minor which Yngwie uses a lot of.

Yngwie tunes down a half step so that might be where the confusion is.

Just a fun observation, this happens to be the lick from Gary Moore’s “End of the World”. Gary of course keeps it in natural minor and plays it completely differently at a slower tempo (Gary’s way). It’s interesting to see it played from a totally different perspective.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s tab I created myself, and changed the key for brevity, Guitar Pro 1/2 step doesn’t retain std tuning on the guitar. I think it’s a limitation of their engine; not very well thought through apparently, they can’t even display the V------| type sweeps, it’s a shame!

I haven’t had a chance to sit down with the guitar for a few days, have family and kids over, but I’m intrigued to try your notes. Thanks.

1 Like

All you have to do is transpose the tab down a 1/2 step OR transpose the standard notation up 1/2 step.

Usually they transcribe songs that are down-tuned in standard notation with a note at the top
(ie guitar tuned down 1/2 step, etc)

For Pantera songs is down - tuned a whole step.

1 Like

What happens is even though I’m tuned half step I like to think of the open e flat as e. Guitar pro doesn’t allow that, if I use the global transpose option, when I’m authoring it doesn’t not use the global offset. If they respected the global offset for all edit operations that would be perfect.