A list of licks with tab and video?

I am still new here and poking around the site. I like when I come across a lesson where Troy plays like some super fast lick and under the video there is the tablature and I can slow it down or choose a slower video and slow that down more.

Is there a specific way to get to these? I just keep discovering them as I’m going through the site but I’d like to know if there is somewhere where they all are and maybe they are in a specific order to learn them in a sandwich suc is there a specific way to get to these? I just keep discovering them as I’m going through this site but I’d like to know if there is somewhere where they all are and maybe they are in a specific order to learn them in …does that make any sense?

2 Likes

well if u go to the interviews, usually under each one you have “clips” where you will find all of the playing examples and the slow down player you mentioned

It WOULD be nice if some nice soul would take all of these licks and give us a nice index such as “Paul Gilbert lick” or “dwps licks” or some other such indexing system so we dont have to inchworm thru each interview etc. @Brendan @Troy

as far as what order to learn stuff. Hard to say. Most of us seem to give the advice to people to get really good on single string licks and then start working on string crossing stuff. Maybe get good at some one way slanting licks before trying the harder two way slanting licks

id say 99% of us have always just sort of ping ponged around doing this that or the other lol.

My playing recently took a nice improvement from spending about 3 weeks doing mostly single string stuff. it got my picking nice and crisp!

3 Likes

also u can check the actual seminars themselves and look down the right side…there u see “clips”

1 Like

Ok so I did find the seminars and see the clips I was looking for. Thanks a lot!!

Yeah I have definitely improved my shred ability the past few weeks. I’m trying to stay serious and not put it down after a couple months like I always do.

I have high hopes in being part of this site!!

1 Like

Just to give a little more detail, there are typically a couple ways to browse the musical examples, or “clips”, for something on the platform:

• On the main page for e.g. a seminar or interview, we’ll have a “Clips” page that’s an index of all the clips in alphabetical order. For Volcano for example that would be here: https://troygrady.com/seminars/volcano/clips/
  • Beneath each video we have a ‘timeline’ list that shows all the clips in chronological order, with clickable timestamps. For example for the Molly Tuttle interview you’ll see that below the video here: Molly Tuttle Interview – Cracking the Code
  • Finally, if you know the name of a particular clip you want to find again, you can try a sitewide search (click the magnifying class icon in the upper right) which will get you some basic search results, for example: Search Results for “"ascending sixes"” – Cracking the Code

Hope that helps! We may add additional search capabilities in the future so let us know if you have further suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome!! Thanks for all that detail Brendan!