A Live Clip From the Other Night Of Some Improvised Soloing

Hello, Everyone! It has been a little while since I have posted anything so I thought it would be fun to post this live clip from last night. I am improvising over this little thing I made up that I play out live. It is never the same. I thought the audio and footage was pretty clear so I would share it. Looking at it I think it shows that I sort of go in and out of an elbow technique mixed with some other stuff. I never really think about which technique I am using when I pick…I just go with what feels good. But I do pretty much use an elbow technique I think when I am playing faster lines. I hope some of you enjoy it!

Also, I wanted to thank Troy for having me out to the Cracking the Code Studios in March. It was an amazing day…one that I will never forget! Meeting Troy, Brenden and Adam was a real pleasure! They made me feel really comfortable and relaxed (hopefully my playing wasn’t too bad, lol). It was amazing to be hanging out where they all do their work. Troy is a really down to earth and great guy to hang out with and talk to…and super smart! Much smarter than me, lol! I really enjoyed asking him a lot of questions and picking his brain and he was very gracious…thank you Troy! I love this site and enjoy everyone’s postings very much. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

nice playing

I see Chuck Berry made a couple cameos hehe

2 Likes

Really nice fast picking, Bill. Nice clean and clear tone and technique.

2 Likes

Thanks, JonJon! Yes…the great Chuck Berry lick that started it all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much, Aliendough! :smile:

Wow I’m amazed that you can play so well in a live setting! Al di Meola would be proud :slight_smile:

Ps: I will steal some of your licks if you don’t mind :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Tommo! Playing live is something I really enjoy. I think it is really the case of just doing it a lot…after a while you just get used to it and it actually make you play better and more in the moment. I love it! :slight_smile:

1 Like