Acronym cheat sheet?

Just found the site and signed up. One thing that would be super helpful for the uninitiated is a FAQ item or a glossary that defines all of the terminology and nomenclature on the site, especially the acronyms. I’m sure once you get in the weeds it all becomes rote, but at the beginning there’s a lot of “what does that mean?”

1 Like

Hey, thanks for signing up! Definitely a good suggestion, and something we’ve talked about a bit e.g. here:

Short story, we don’t yet have something like this with an all-in-one-place quick reference guide, but it is on the roadmap to make a section on the site for this.

For now, please feel free to post here with anything we can help clarify and we’ll see what we can do! Maybe I can whip up a quick FAQ post with at least definitions of common acronyms, as we work on something more comprehensive.

in terms of acronyms specifically these were the big ones off the top of my head

3 Likes

In my experience here on the forum, what people want when they ask this question isn’t really a cheat sheet of acronyms - they want to understand the concepts. Except that these concepts are complicated, and take some explaining. Hence a glossary quickly becomes more than a glossary - it becomes the Pickslanting Primer!

Considering most people that ask this are new and actually haven’t watched much of our stuff yet, I think that’s really the first step. And there’s not a way to shortcut that process. We’re definitely hard at work on streamlining the PP to make it an even clearer explanation of intro-level things for players of all levels, so it will be getting better over the next several months or so.

However, yes, totally, a glossary type thing is helpful once you have worked through the material, or are working through the material, and we have something cool in mind for that. But it’s an adjunct to the material, not the starting point.

I’ll respond with more specifics in your Technique Critique thread.

4 Likes