Adjusting TAB while preserving notes in Guitar Pro

I just downloaded GP8, and I have been able to type in sheet music that I’m interested in learning; so far, so good! But the TAB that it picks doesn’t make sense and I want to adjust that without changing the notes on the sheet music.

I assumed there would be a way to drag the note on the TAB from one string to another and it would change the fret accordingly, but GP doesn’t seem to work like that… I did a fair amount of Google searching and still failed to find anything! Given that nearly every GP8 user here must constantly tweak the strings in search of perfect picking, can somebody kindly tell me how?! :grinning:

Ah, it has a “Shift Down” and “Shift Up” menu setting to change the string! All is good! :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah, I also find it easiest to enter things in TAB.

You can also enter notes via fretboard diagram if you click the guitar icon in the far top right.

There’s also a keyboard shortcut for moving notes +/- half steps - I think it’s option and shift and then the arrow keys, or something. I use it a lot.

Oh hey, do you mean you want to keep the note the same but change its position? You can hold alt and use the up and down keys. This will also work if you select multiple note at once using the mouse or the shift key and left and right buttons.

1 Like

Yes, exactly this! I will try when I go home tonight!