Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love - lower, slower and dumber

I’m doing a 4-song VH tribute EP this winter/spring. This first video comes out 1/26 on EVH’s birthday (and mine!) This is just a draft and still has some issue but I thought you’d get a kick out of it.

This is 25 bpm slower and down an octave with some additional instruments. There’s a great portapotty shot of me and some semi-offensive fruit involved. Oh, and some dumpster divin’!

1 Like

I thought this was fun, y’all should do it again but another gear slower… Would be a hilarious doom cover!

ha! thanks for checking it out. I actually tried slowing it down even more and it was funny but it made the song too damn long and boring. Like, midway through the second verse I was sick of it. Just killed the energy.

But I like your idea… alternate version???

We’re doing a 4-song EP with some bonus tracks so why not?

1 Like

Rockin’!

So if I’m responsible for a third of your 12 views so far, does that make me your biggest fan? Or is YouTube criminally underreporting your views so they can keep the royalty money? Tell them to fix their d#m*ed algorithm and put the GOOD stuff at the top! I suspect this will go viral, and I’ll be able to say I heard it here FIRST!

So is the mask thing “pandemic chic?”

hahah! I guess we just need you to watch it about 5,625,217 more times so we can earn $25. ha!

Seriously, though, it probably doesn’t help that I have this up as an unlisted video because it’s not final. But… I mean… we don’t usually get a lot of views on YouTube anyway. I’d be stunned if it went viral. Hell, I’d be stunned if got more than 100 views by the end of the day on 1/26.

I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

For some reason it seems even weirder when you play it at x1.5 on YT. Lol

Favourite touch is playing flute through a face mask! Tickled me!

1 Like

Nice. Now do it 50BPM slower on an 8 string :slight_smile:

1 Like

hahaha! glad you liked it. that flute it running through a Mercuriall Spark JCM800. it picks up everything even through the mask.

we’d need Dale Crover to drum for that.

Now I want to hear Mike Patton cover this lmao

1 Like

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… maybe we could get him. did you happen to catch the Mr. Bungle halloween show? I missed it but saw a highlight where they played VH’s “Loss of Control”

I bet he’d do it. Let’s ask him. Do you have his numbeR?

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I didn’t but now I’ll look for it!

Edit: the show, not Mike Patton’s number, lol.

1 Like

if you happen upon his number, though…

here’s the only link I’ve found of it so far. It’s not complete.

1 Like