Altering hand position

Hello folks, I wanted to ask some advice about something.

I feel I need to alter my picking hand position so that the hand and arm are lower down. Currently, if I play a scale or sequence, my right hand is in a position where it can’t effectively mute string noise from the adjacent string or sometimes the G string, if playing on the high E. It’s worse if I’m playing in downward escape for some reason. Also, I feel that things are a bit too scratchy sounding due to the amount of edge picking with my current hand position.
So, I wanted to ask, should I practice this very slow for a while? What I’ve found from experimenting, if I try start with speed, not only am I guaranteed to mess up the string changes as it feels a little different, but my hand will migrate back to it’s usual position. Would starting slow for a while, maybe a few weeks, help before I practice chunks at a faster speed?
Also, it’s hard for me to be sure where my hand should be if I start on the low E, so, should I start on the high E making sure I’m able to mute all string noise from the B to low E and slowly descend then ascend to help get used to where my hand should be?

Any advice greatly appreciated as always.

I feel your pain, the same happens to me quite often but it’d help to see a few videos of your motion to get a better idea.

Have you tried moving the hand up/down while changing strings? So the hand is in roughly the same position relative to string regardless of which string you play on. Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjN-VXIaM4U

Thanks for the replies.

@jllopez I haven’t been able to use my webcam since I updated my OS lol. I may have an old video I made for something else which might show my hand position. I’ll have a look a little later and see if I can find something.

@Poseidon Hey, thanks for the video, I do use my arm to move from string to string. I believe the problem is, when I start on the high E, I’m already at quite a steep angle with the whole arm and hand and if I play in upward escape, in particular, I can’t mute the adjacent string with the right hand at all. If I lower the whole hand and arm, I can.
I think this hand position may have happened from practicing standing up and also a previous technique I used to use, taught to me by an online teacher. Picking hand “Thumb muting” , don’t even get me started on that haha.
What I am trying now, is to lower the hand position for better muting of string noise, but I can only practice slow at the moment I think until I get used to the different position, as it feels quite different and I’m afraid if I try start with speed, my hand will migrate back to where it’s used to.
I may just try a few weeks or more of slow/medium practice and then ramp it up for short bursts to see if I can make it work.