An Englishman in New Oedo (ahem Tokyo)

I’ve been playing guitar since I was a teenager and first got into metal, but sadly lacked the dedication for focused practice back when I had the free time to do it. I started out playing Metallica songs on a borrowed steel string acoustic before getting a cheap Washburn and moving on to Slayer, Megadeth and then later bands like Carcass.

20 years later I can play the easy Metallica solos, but have no technique to speak of and I’m daunted by learning more technical material by my all time guitar heroes such as Marty Friedman and Bill Steer.

I recently signed up for online lessons with Musicisum to start again from scratch, and plan to move on to a Masters of Mechanics subscription in due course.

2 Likes

Welcome, great to have you here! Hope you find our material (and all the conversations here on the forum!) helpful. Make yourself at home and let us know if you have any questions :slight_smile: And feel free to make a post in #technique-critique with video of your playing if there’s something you’d like specific feedback on.

1 Like