Anchor Point Problem?

I’m worried about anchor point these days. Let’s talk about it one by one.

I’m USX Wrist Motion User Like EJ, Mike.

So, I use only Pinky Heel Anchor Point, And sometimes Thumb heel Anchor Point also contacts with strings very slightly.

But When I change Strings ( String Tracking ) Low E string is hard to play. I cant sure where to put my pinky heel anchor point.

What do you do when you move anchor points? I’ll upload a video soon.

1 Like

While we wait for the video (I or someone else would have suggested it if you hadn’t :slight_smile: ):

It would be good if you figure out what specifically is making the string “hard to play”. Does the pick get caught in the string (like garage spikes)? Do you miss the string? Something else?

Pinpointing exactly what the problem is could help you solve it :slight_smile:

It’s a lot of strain on the shoulders. And sometimes, I use Palm Heel anchors, and the pick gets trapped.

The main problem is how to move the wrist position (anchor point position) naturally and lightly, and where to put the anchor point when hitting the low string (especially the low string). I’ll attach the video as soon as I get home!

Ideally, you may want to at first position yourself in a more neutral position so that you do not have to move much in either direction to hit most of the strings.

Another thing to consider is to not anchor or have much of a tactile reference of the forearm to the guitar body, just the hand to the bridge for muting. This also tends to make moving the hand vertically across the strings a bit easier with out a lot of rubbing noise on the wound strings. at least in my experience.

2 Likes

I’d like to re-create an overall Technique Critique topic for my picking motion, including this issue. Would you mind if I do that?..

1 Like

That’s what the Forum is here for … even though it may not look like it in the past couple weeks :rofl:

2 Likes

To be fair I only think it was for a couple of days little over a week ago.

1 Like

But my phone doesn’t allow 120 fps camera…

Anyway, I will soon upload all videos

Ah, I also have little question. In USX Wrist Motion like Mike, Thumb Heel Anchor Point must not reach the strings?

In Identifying Your Motion Section ( Chapter 4 in Wrist ) , Troy noted that Main Anchor Point is Pinky, And Thumb is not contact, or very slightly contact with strings

But on Wrist Motion sector ( Ch 1 ), he said that Anchor point is two points. And Pinky Heel is on the bridge, and Thumb Heel is on the strings

I prefer the former way (Thumb Heel touches or doesn’t touch the strings very slightly) but I’m confused.