Andy Wood plays Bohemian Rhapsody!

Here at the Cracking the Code studio, we get up to some fun things between live broadcasts. Andy pulled out this awesome arrangement of Bohemian Rhapsody on mandolin, and we filmed it for his YouTube channel. He then proceeded to suit up for another four hours of live broadcasting. Andy is not only awesomely talented, but also a total trooper who knows what it means to be entertaining while being informative, and embodies the phrase “the show must go on” in so many ways.

Head over to Andy Wood’s YouTube channel and give him a subscribe please!

8 Likes

Arranging a song as complex as this on a mandolin is hard enough, making is this good is incredible! This is something I didn’t know I needed!
Also I didn’t know your lights could change colour, super cool!

2 Likes

Philips Hue - totally worth it. The main lights are still bi-color LEDs that we adjust manually, but it’s on our list to DIY some Hue-filled softboxes so they can change color too.

Someone please stop this man! It’s not enough to have a “perfect technique”, an awesome vocabulary and kill it in the guitar (electric or acoustic, doesn’t matter for this man) and in the Mando. Now he makes awesome arrangements of epic songs too? Kill this man, with fire! (nah just joking)

I know his songs, but never thought about him doing this kind of stuff. Andy rules!

1 Like

Subscribed!

I have been watching his Youtube channel since Troy created the thread. I didn’t realize I’ve missed so much great stuff!

I have shared the mandolin cover on my Facebook as well!

More followers for Andy!!

1 Like

Absolutely great!
This might be just a personal view but the sound of the accoustic recordings seems to be 100% perfect for my taste, noticed that first on the Molly Tuttle interview where the “girl in my shoes” unfortunately stopped in betwween (which i hate Troy for :grin:).
If i had free choice where to record accoustic sessions I’d choose the CtC studios.

1 Like