Announcing the Cracking the Code Scholarship Program

We’re happy to announce the Cracking the Code Scholarship Program, to help bring our resources for learning guitar technique to as many players as possible.

From sharing videos on YouTube, to making forum access free for all, it’s long been important to us to balance the business side of Cracking the Code with a goal of helping all kinds of guitarists learn and improve.

With the scholarship, we’re now able to offer a reduced-rate monthly membership — our all access pass to the site — for anyone who needs it.

How does it work?

When you’re ready to join or upgrade from a free account, there’s now an “Apply for Scholarship” option that will direct you to fill out a simple form. You can select from several discount options, and upon approval we’ll send you a link to sign up at that special rate.

You’ll keep the scholarship rate as long as you stay subscribed. Just as with the regular membership, you can cancel at any time — though we hope this will help if you’d like to stick around for a while!

Who is eligible? Anyone who wants to learn and participate in the Cracking the Code community, for whom the regular $25 a month rate is prohibitive. We have in mind, for example, those who are full-time students, between jobs, or in places with very different economic situations.

Applications are open!

We’ve tried to make the application as easy as possible — we want it to be accessible to anyone who needs it. If a scholarship would help you out, please go ahead and apply:

CRACKING THE CODE SCHOLARSHIP — APPLY NOW

Note that you have to be logged in to apply. If you don’t have an account yet on the site, first create a free account, then return to the application.

Questions? Let us know!

11 Likes

Hey all, quick update here — also sending by email but posting here too in case you missed it or aren’t on the mailing list yet:

Hello everyone, hope you’re staying safe and healthy!

We’ve all been working from home since last week. We’re hanging in there, and luckily most of our work is remote-friendly, but it’s definitely been an adjustment and we don’t know what the impact will be long term.

We understand that many of our lives and livelihoods have been disrupted, and if that’s the case for you as well, we want to bring to your attention something we launched last year but haven’t done a whole lot of work publicizing yet.

Our mission is to bring great guitar resources to as many players as possible, and the Cracking the Code Scholarship is one way we’re able to help make that happen.

The Scholarship grants our all-access Cracking the Code Membership at a reduced rate — or even completely free for those who are most in need.

In the past few months since we launched our scholarship program, we’ve granted Cracking the Code Scholarships to over 100 students from 34 different countries. We’d like to offer many more.

Here’s a video we made with some more detail, though I think all essential info is also in this post / the scholarship application page :slight_smile:

How the Scholarship Works

If you’re interested in Cracking the Code Membership, but unable to fit it in the budget without some help, please apply. Here’s how it works—

First, make sure you’re signed up for a free account on the site and logged in.

Then fill out the simple form here, describing your situation and selecting a monthly rate you can afford. Upon approval we’ll send you a special link to get signed up at that rate:

Cracking the Code Scholarship — APPLY NOW

The discounted rate will apply as long as you stay subscribed. Just as with the regular membership, you can cancel at any time — though we hope this will help if you’d like to stick around for a while!

Given the current circumstances, we’ve also added a free option.

When we launched this, we had multiple discount options, from $5–$20 per month. We’ve now added one that brings the cost down to zero. Now more than ever, the world is feeling pretty uncertain. Learning guitar may be only one part of life, but it’s among the things we know best, so this is one way we’re glad to help out if we can.

Thanks for supporting Cracking the Code!

Thanks so much for supporting our stuff — whether with your time, money, or both, it means a lot to us, and we’re glad to be able to give a little something back, now more than ever.

If you’d like to join and don’t need a scholarship: the more support we have from subscribers at all levels, the better we’re able to keep this program going and bring Cracking the Code to as many guitarists as possible.

View all membership options here.

And finally, if you know anyone who could benefit from Cracking the Code, we really appreciate you helping spread the word, both about the scholarship program, and our site and videos in general.

Any questions about this? Let us know!

6 Likes

Thank you so much @Brendan and @Troy this days i see all the 3 seminars like a documentary but now i have to practice a lot!
By the way, My family is amazed at the improvement when they hear me play The Pop Tars Lick! And I owe all of this to this scholarship!
You rock!

6 Likes

I really really glad for the opportunity to be in here learning with all of you. I discovered the cracking the code series searching for alternate picking hints. With only your YouTube videos I’ve learned and see more results than before. Thanks you so muc

3 Likes

Thanks for being here guys!

4 Likes

I too am very happy and appreciative for this opportunity to be here with you, thank you so much! What you are doing is amazing and deserves global recognition, things like this are rare and special. I have already learned and improved so much and gotten past hurdles I’ve had for literal decades. Much love and respect!

3 Likes

Few things in life have have had such a profound positive effect on my mental state. You guys have been a beacon of light in trying times.

This is the first time I’m able to take complements and feel I’ve earned them. I’m very happy with the progress I’m making, real and genuine happyness is hard to come by these days.

Can’t thank you enough for the course material and your hard work.

Thank you, Sid.

4 Likes