Another attempt at wrist-forearm

So I have played around with the wrist-forearm technique for a little while now, and here is what it currently looks like:

Normal speed:

Slo-mo

I think this is wrist-foream, but please take a look and let me know - I want to make sure I am on the right track :slight_smile:

I apologise for the lack of visibility of pick (the pick material is black and the pickup covers on my guitar are black also)

Please let me know how I can improve :slight_smile:
Thank you!

Looks good to me. I watched your older videos and this seems different for sure. I see the pick coming up on the air, sometimes pretty high, at the string changes. Seems like good speed too. How does it feel?

1 Like

It feels much better than when I started. Its still inconsistent at times, and sometimes feels like it sometimes feels like it wants to flatten out (especially with 2nps). However, overall, it feels much better :slight_smile: (Thank you for your help!)

I do get a weird feeling when I try to pick on the highest string exclusively - a bit like some kind of garage spikes maybe. I don’t get this on other strings, so i’m not sure why it happens - maybe something to do with there being no rest strokes on the highest string?

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Could be! I sometimes feel kind of lost on that string too when doing USX. Great work though! I’d say overall that’s a pretty quick turnaround on learning a new motion.

1 Like

I do think the lack of a rest stroke comes in to play - similarly, DSX on the low E can take some getting used to.

Your motion looks good, though!

2 Likes

Looks to me like your got it down really good. How are you with 3nps?
I like to use my pinky to get some stability it is bound to help if you’re going for this technique, what do you mean garage spikes?

I agree with the rest stroke being really important, I recently learned that the rest stroke is incredibly important in sweeping, it is like those bumper things in bowling that stop the ball falling off. The pinky can act like that for usx. The moment I realized that sweeping needs rest strokes my sweeping improved a load, even tho I was probably doing it before, but understanding something really lets you start to get control of what you’re doing.