Another Convert

Hey everyone, I’m Danny.

Just started up an MiM sub a couple of days ago. I learned some basics in high school and studied classical for a couple of years in college (music program + professional lessons). That was around 20ish years ago so I’ve known how to play for a while but only about 3 of those years were active in any serious way. And the last 10 or so I haven’t played at all. But I’m picking it back up now.

I just picked up a Córdoba Stage last month and Troy Nelson’s Guitar Aerobics and Rhythm 365. I’ve never been very good with a pick but I’ve wanted a nylon string electric for a very long time so I thought I’d combine those two and learn to shred nylon.

I actually stumbled on @Troy’s material because I was frustrated and stuck on Guitar Aerobics Day 1 which is a single string 1/16 notes exercise at 112bpm LOL. So I took to Youtube and ended up here.

I’m still working through the Primer but already have completely changed how I play and yes I’ve blown past 112bpm on that exercise. :metal:

I’m fascinated by technicals so this material is amazing to me. Looking forward to digging in more.

3 Likes

Thanks for signing up! Once you think you have a handle on your basic motion, and have recorded the table tap test results, feel free to make a TC and we’ll take a look just to make sure you’re on the right track.

1 Like