Another early Yngwie Gem... Trilogy Audio Only

Don’t know when what…but its rather instructive and amazing as any early footage.

edit: apologies if this has been posted already.

8 Likes

Looks like outside his old rehearsal studio in Stockholm. I’ve been there (outside) can’t remember the street name, something like Lundagatan 8… or 10… :thinking:

2 Likes

Awesome - thanks @Twangsta!

This sounds early due to the descending fours (heard around 1:52 ) which in my view he stopped playing largely after about 1985 ish. Brilliant stuff!

1 Like

I forget the chronology but was that around the time he wrapped his jag around a tree? The infamous crash. All I remember it was his Jaguar and not a Ferrari as most think it was.

He did a bunch of shows in 1986 before the car crash. To me that was his absolute peak regarding accuracy, phrasing and speed.

2 Likes

In my analysis he actually stopped playing the circular four stuff before that. Someone said once that they saw in an interview that he said he felt the Steeler stuff had too much picking. I haven’t been able to locate that reference. But it ties in with what I see as a decision to change his style after he left Alcatrazz.

If you watch the live in Japan video he did with Jeff Scott Soto singing in 85 his soloing style had changed. The Alcatrazz solos are played with a different approach - less picking and fours from what I can see.

I would really like Troy to ask him about it if he ever gets to interview him! :slight_smile:

2 Likes