Any interviews with hybrid pickers coming up?

I’m wondering if there are plans to film a new Masters in Mechanics, with high res iPhone footage, with a great hybrid picker? Maybe someone like Brett Garsed? The Marshall Harrison stuff was pretty cool, but the footage wasn’t of the quality that we are seeing these days.

3 Likes

Andy does lots of it and we have a fair amount of footage of it. Martin does too and I think we have some clips of that in his interview as well. And of course there’s Albert Lee. I may be forgetting someone. Scotty Anderson would be great to get back in, I love his stuff.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a Scotty Anderson interview. I watched Red Hot Guitar again recently, his double-stop and triple-stop alternate picking lines are unbelievable. I’d love to see footage of it from the magnet.

2 Likes

Hi @Troy

I was wondering about an actual interview where you focus on hybrid picking for a bit.

@Tom_Gilroy I picked up Scotty’s REH video on DVD and his playing is amazing.

2 Likes

Scotty Anderson is amazing.

How about an interview with Tim Miller. He uses hybrid picking, as well as the 212 system you recently uploaded a video about on YouTube.

2 Likes

Tim would be good and he is very into education.

He has a lesson on his site where he plays over the changes to All The Things, at around 300bpm, and he plays a steady stream of 8th notes, combining string skipping arpeggios, 212 arpeggios and melodic lines, all played with a clean tone. It’s one of the smoothest pieces of playing I’ve heard in a long time.

2 Likes