Any love for Dan Huff

I was always such a giant fan :wink:
But it always surprises me how unknown they still are!

5 Likes

Wow what a player! Glad to see an instructional looking more at the recording process, rather than just showcasing a random collection of licks!

1 Like

I did think you’d like it! Such a massive tone, but he’s so much more, songwriter, singer and by now one of the most successful producers to have ever worked Nashville.

That intro lick to the video is colossal, how does he do it!

1 Like

haha i think most people here that slant the "yngway"need to see this descending phrase right here and and copy the picking hand manuevers into other descended phrasing.

i don’t know if he hits that upstroke but i would do it downstroke, legato slur, upstroke, string change, <up>,down, up, string change, down, up. but my rest stroke has become so ingrained thats just how it would come out. nevermind i didnt notice the upstroke i would do it this way. i would do it the way he does it here, downstroke half rest stroke, legato slur, string change, up, down, up, string change, down, up. this is why its best to think of this as the technique for this phrase so it doesn’t jack with your downstroke string change picking. its just an anomaly picking fragment.

Whoa, I really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting it.
I don’t recall hearing Giant before, though somewhere along the line I probably did. (The name sounds familiar.)
Nice to hear from a hot guitar player who is also a songwriter and producer who takes us behind the scenes.
Don’t have time to watch this whole thing now but I will get back to it.

1 Like

I’d highly recommend Uncle Larry to you.

1 Like

Cool. Hadn’t heard of him. Subscribed to his channel.

1 Like