Any update on when the Mika Tyyskä interview will be up?

As a Finn, I’m looking forward to this interview. Loved the one with Teemu. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes I forgot about this! Mika’s Playing is great and his whammy bar use is incredible. Really looking forward to seeing it.

2 Likes

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Loved the released Mika clips and I actually bought his newest album after browsing his website.

3 Likes

Hey! No specific date for this, but it’s one of a handful in our pipeline to get finished up. Don’t want to make any promises but most likely within the next couple months.

6 Likes

Check this, Mika posted this on his Youtubepage:

4 Likes

Does anyone know how Mika gets his tone? It sounds to me like he has very little bass (maybe he has the bass rolled off completely?) and quite a lot of treble and upper mids, but I’m not an expert.

Can anyone guide me?

Can’t tell for mr.Tyyska, but I myself tend to reduce bass on my guitars. I even had to solder additional capacitor in my Yamaha. For me this makes tone brighter on clean sound and sharp and clear on distortion.

I do the same, ASTN. I completely roll off the bass on my amp, although it’s only a cheap Roland Cube 10 practice amp and I am only playing at home at low volume. I turn the treble all the way up.

Have you ever seen Akira Takasaki’s EQ settings? He rolls off the bass completely and uses loads of treble.

I dial my bass back a lot too, especially in a band situation. I like my mids a lot, I tend to dial those in a little higher than most. Treble I find to be a mixed bag depending on the amp.

Put this in front of a Hughes & Kettner Deluxe 40. :bear:

1 Like

No, I didn’t see that guy.
I’ve come to this decision due the period when I experimented with different pedals and amps. I found that if you add a bass then at some point your drive becomes fuzz without much details in sound, rolling the bass off - on the other hand - makes sound detailed even on hi-gain devices.

1 Like

Ooh, he’s got a Miku pedal. Would love one but $200 is a bit pricey.

1 Like

I guess Mika guy having Miku pedal makes sense )

He wrote a song using it called “Mika”! It’s very, very creative.

1 Like