Anyone able to identify what brand this pick is?

Hello fellow musicians!

I’m a silent reader of this forum, as many I’ve been helped by Troy and the teams work tremendously, many many thanks!

A few weeks ago I found this pick outside my local library, laying there looking odd in the grass surrounded by melting snow. My first thought was “this pick is probably unplayable, and odd-sounding”.
But no. It’s the best pick I’ve every used. Made by some kind of soft plastic so it sticks to my fingers as it gets heated up by my hand temperature, and as it’s about 4mm thick, a lot less grip “force” is needed. The tone is clear and even, and as for dynamics it’s also loud with little effort. Best part? I’ve used it for 2+ weeks and the tip is unchanged, no scratch marks.
All problems I’ve had solved by one pick…

So as the title say, is there anybody out there familiar with these picks?

1 Like

You found a magic pick lying in the grass? You are the chosen one, destined to bring balance to the Pickslant Wars.

7 Likes

It could be a custom made pick, or it could be made by a company called Frock, who no longer make picks and they are extremely rare. Dave Martone uses them.

2 Likes

Wow!

It’s very likely the pick of destiny!

Tom

2 Likes

I looked up Dave Martone, but found barely any info on Frock.
And yeah, that’s been my thinking too. At a closer look it doesn’t look machine made though, more like it’s been shaped by someone using precision tools. And considering there’s no logo on it…

Gonna try to find a local craftsman and get enough made for life. It’s quite obvious maybe, but I never would’ve guessed not needing to think about holding a pick would clear up so much of my challenges.

Thanks guys

I was chatting to Dave via email, many years ago, and he told me about the Frock pick. I tried to find somewhere to buy one at that time but couldn’t. :frowning:

looks alittle like a light version of this one

… one day I’ll build my own pick ou of a toenail, just for the smell :grin:

1 Like

To me this one looks like the stuff
https://v-picks.com is offering.

Agree…

20characters-20characters-20characters-

It also looks a little like an earlier version of a Hufschmid Drop, maybe…?

2 Likes

Have you tried them?
They look pretty interesting, but pretty expensive for a blind shot … chrsitmas is so far away :grin:

This looks really promising! I’ve emailed the guy, let’s see what he says!
I’ll probably get a few of his picks to try find something similar, I’m a bit afraid to loose this “magic pick” haha.

Thanks a lot Drew!

Nope - I just use Fender Heavies these days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I own two hufschmid picks

That looks totally unusuable to me. :rofl:

It allows you to play very fast despite how it looks,but it is very noisy