Are you a follower of any guitarists on Patreon?

I’m always on the lookout for new players to check out on Patreon, so I’m wondering if any of you here are paying to follow any particular players Patreon?

The only one that I followed was that of #11 Music’s Patreon (I stopped following before Christmas). The account has loads of transcriptions and lessons, although it is split between the sax and guitar. Worth checking out if you want to see some very high quality transcriptions.

1 Like

Two I have considered (but not supported yet) are signals music studios and shredmaster scott. I like that they focus on making songwriting accessible

1 Like

Cool, I have watched Signals Music on Youtube before. I’m not familiar with Shredmaster Scott, but will have a wee look. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve considered following Angel Vivaldi, but mostly because he’s a bro and less for the content (though from what I’ve seen that’s probably excellent too - he’s a funny, light-hearted, passionately music loving dude).

2 Likes

I’ve been a patron of Brandon Ellis for the last two months. It’s been great.

He breaks down his own material, there’s some basic theory stuff in there and he has some lessons on specific “formulas” he created to work through complex picking patterns.

As a player I found a couple of the formula don’t suit my playing. (If it ain’t broke don’t fix it) but a couple of them, especially the most recent one has been a major breakthrough.

I’d done lessons with him previously and those were also very fruitful.

Good dude, phenomenal player.

2 Likes

I just signed up to Brett Garsed’s Patreon and it’s great. He’s posted quite a lot of videos so far, and he has lots of cool stories. He talks about his Holdsworth influence, he breaks down licks and solos and analyses them. He wants to do Patreon full-time, so there is going to be a lot more to come.

Brett’s one of my all-time favourite players. I really must check out his Patreon.

1 Like

Andy Wood.
Just my kind of mix between country, rock, technique and bluegrass.

It’s really good, I would honestly recommend it.

1 Like

I will for sure.

Brett’s such an incredible player. I’ve said before that if I could wake up tomorrow sounding like any player on Earth, it would be him. He seems to be a really great guy too, years ago I bought his second instructional video directly from his website, and he included signed copies of both of his solo albums.

1 Like

Ben Eller. Great teaching, content, humour.

Always mixes stuff and gives musical applications for everything!

1 Like