Awesome Economy Lick!

Any chance someone has time to put this into songster or soundslice? Lol

Gonna try to ear it out first but would be nice to have a solid tab reference

5 Likes

Is this dude still in BDM?

If you try earing it out and get stuck, I can give it a stab!

2 Likes

Yes he is I believe. I tried it for a few minutes but I’m tired and got stuck will try again tomorrow when I’m fresh! Lmk what you come up with!

1 Like

If you get stuck I can help too. It’s a fairly sequenced lick, so it shouldn’t be too hard to flesh out.

1 Like

I’ll have a go too I’m going thru a big pentatonic phase at the moment !

1 Like

Will try again this afternoon. As someone who’s been doing more arpeggio workouts and always comes back to pentatonic ideas I really like his playing style. Pretty sure he doesn’t alternate pick everything either

Ok my tactics for something very hard that youtube slowdown distorts too much. I use an app on my phone music speed changer, but I think more do it than this one. I rip the youtube to mp3, or mp4 if the guitar is shown cleanly. If mp4 I use the app VLC to slow it down on my phone. If mp3 I use music speed changer. If the speed is still to fast, and the phrase is played clean enough. I loop an AB section around the lick, play the loop, then I go into the audio recorder section of music speed changer. As the looped lick is playing at around 50% speed, I record it again to further slow it down from the audio recording. It is a bit of a trick I figured out when I got really frustrated. Hope it helps ya.

2 Likes

Brandon Ellis Betcha can´t play this.pdf (41.2 KB)

Here you go. It is very similar to Eric Johnsons fives pattern.

4 Likes

Good job @Spooky_tom !
I got close, I recognised the fives but I got lost when he moved the position up. The start is similar to the PG technical difficulties lick.

Now the next challenge is to play it as fast as him !

1 Like

More or less what I came up with but I was a little off. Thanks for tabbing it out though love having the tab handy so thanks a ton

This is great for practicing 5s and the USX Dsweep motions !

1 Like