Bach-ing the Code - Magnet on Cello ?!

Got my Magnet today in the post and thought - hey would this fit on my electric cello ? Turns out that yes it does indeed. Pretty fun to see bowing this close up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was hoping that would be the piece you played. Love it! I made a really cool arrangement of that for classical guitar back in college. Nice playing and great filming. If I could do life over again I would have never touched guitar, stuck with piano OR learned cello. I just love the timbre of the instrument.

1 Like

Hey thank you! I’ve been playing guitar since I was a kid, took up cello a few years back in my mid 40’s… never too late to start. I love the sound too which was the draw for me.

1 Like

Did you take lessons for cello or just go it alone?

I did about a year or so on my own (hey I’m stubborn) and then got a teacher. It’s just a hobby for me so I go to her for a lesson every couple of weeks now. Really made a lot faster progress once I started the lessons. Important to find the right teacher, one that supports adult beginners (many do these days) and is realistic about your goals. I have no aspirations to play with an orchestra etc, it’s purely for pleasure at home for me.

1 Like

Right. If I ever took the plunge I would just want someone to teach me technique and tone production. I think beyond that I could work the rest out on my own. At the moment I have invested enough into alternate picking that I wanna see that through. I estimate I am 2 - 3 years out from where I want to be. Then I will re evaluate and see what might be next.

1 Like