Best clip on tuner?

please recommend me a good clip on tuner.

I previously had a Crescendo Zenstrobe…which i suppose was a piece of junk because it quit working after like a few weeks

Essentially I dont want 1000 features that will confuse me. i want something EASY to use. I tend to tune to D standard

any ideas? (probably ordering from amazon)

Thanks, JJ

1 Like

I’ve been using this one for the past year. Super easy to use and inexpensive.

2 Likes

Basic, reliable, and affordable:
http://www.snarktuners.com/products/original-clip-on

Peterson awesomeness in a clip-on (pricier):

Polyphonic for quick verification of all six strings:
https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Tuners/POLYTUNE-CLIP/p/P0C81

5 Likes

+1 for the PolyTune clip. I don’t actually use the poly-tonal tuning feature that it trumpets, but it is rock-solid as a tuner and doesn’t seem to have the interference problems other clip-on tuners have when other instruments are playing while you’re trying to tune. I think I have four or five of these things scattered around my studio and a couple are clipped semi-permanently to the guitars I play the most often.

FWIW, it’s the clip-on tuner of choice for Steve Vai too. :wink:

2 Likes

I have a Snark clip-on I got free with a strings order from Juststrings.com. I used it once and it seems to work - if I can still find it and you’re in the continental US you’re welcome to it. I use a Peterson tuner when I’m home and in my studio room, and the Peterson Strobosoft app when I’m not.

1 Like

thanks anyway but I just ordered the Mugig above AND a cheap Snark one lol. Both under $10

I cant do any recording until I get the intonation together on my RG340

1 Like

I would recommend the Peterson StroboClip HD. As with the StroboPlusHD, it’s the best tuner on the market…easy to read and the most accurate. Any other tuner is a waste of money in my opinion. If you think it’s too much tuner for you, trust me when I say that as you progress as a player you will appreciate what the Peterson strobe tuners can do.

+1 for the Peterson Stroboclip HD. Super accurate, easy to use, and the high contrast display is easy to read even in bright sunlight or stage lighting. Well worth the extra cost.
If you’re not used to using strobe tuners and want to try something cheaper before investing in a Stroboclip, there’s also a good Peterson strobe tuner app for the iPhone for a couple of quid from iStrobosoft. This works really well too, but it’s not so easy to clip on to your headstock!

1 Like

Polytune Clip hands down the best clip on tuner I’ve ever used. It’s actually made of metal too so maybe my kids won’t break this one…

ha

hahaha

haaahhaha…